OSSA Vision and Mission:
Vision for an Incident Free Workplace
Our Mission is to:
- increase the awareness of workplace health and safety
- agree to and implement safety practices and/or training standards for the Oil Sands Industry
- promote and increase the availability of quality safety training and access to safety information to the oil sands industry and for other regional workers
- establish effective processes to evaluate and approve training programs.
- ensure system integrity through timely program reviews and auditing.
- establish programs and initiatives for the promotion of improved safety performance in the oil sands industry
- Consider entering into arrangements, where appropriate, with like-minded industry, contractors, labor providers, government and other stakeholders, which support the attainment of the vision.
Download OSSA Vision & Mission (PDF)
Owners have had the Oil Sands Safety Association establish the following targets for its Members and Stakeholders over the next 5 years:
- 20% reduction in Total Recordable Injury Frequency, every year.
- 20% reduction in High Risk Events, every year.
By focusing on the following 4 strategic areas:
- Health and Safety Improvement
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Safety Competency
- Safety Advocacy