READ THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO PROCEEDING
To register you require:
- Government issued photo ID (ie: passport, driver's license, etc.)
- email address
You must have access to a computer with:
- web camera on the computer/laptop
- headset or speakers
- internet access
- browser in one of the latest versions (recommend Chrome)
You meet the requirements and can take the BSO Online course.
NOTE: If you do not meet the online requirements or would prefer taking this with an instructor, register to attend a classroom course through an OSSA BSO Classroom Learning Provider
To note before taking the course:
- Online BSO is virtually proctored (monitored electronically)
- Completing the online course takes approximately 3 hours
- There is a 6-question quiz at the end of each of the four modules. Important: If you are to get more than one question wrong (<80%), you will need to redo the entire module.
- There is a 20-question final exam at the end of the course. The passing grade is 80% (includes modules and final exam). You will have 3 opportunities to take the final exam. If you are unable to pass the online course, a classroom session is recommended where the instructor would be able to assist you. Read questions carefully.
To take the BSO course online:
- Register for the course at BSO Online Course
- Click Add to Cart
- If you are:
- an "Existing User" and already have an account, enter your BIS username and BIS password. Then click Login. To watch a video that describes how to switch between different BIS accounts: Click here for the video
- a "New User" and do not have a BIS account click Create Account:
- enter: Legal First Name, Middle Name or "NMN" for 'no middle name', Legal Last Name, Address, Email, Date of Birth, Password
- The system will create an account and provide a User Name - write it down, very important!
- Once the account creation is complete, you will be automatically logged in.
- For the virtual proctoring and for verification, you will be required to take a picture of yourself and a picture of your government issued photo ID (driver's license, etc.) into the computer camera
- To begin the course, click on the start button beside the BSO Online
- During the course, use the Pause button if you want to stop the course for a short period of time. If you need to leave the computer (even leave your chair or move away from the computer), click on the Home button.
- When you restart the course at a later time, log in at www.onlinelogin.ca with your User Name and Password; you may be asked to go through the virtual proctoring verification process again.
Once you successfully complete the course:
- You will receive 2 emails after successfully completing the online BSO course:
- The first email congratulating you
- the second email confirming if you have been verified (your picture taken initially matches the pictures taken several time throughout the course).
- Ensure You Wait ~ 30 mins for the second email to appear. As the verification process takes some time.
- EXCEPTION: If you passed the course, but the verification has not been successful (even though you feel it should have been), you will be required to re-verify yourself against the pictures taken during your course. These details will be in the email.
- Print your certificate
- Upon receiving this second email, you can log back into www.onlinelogin.ca . BSO Online appears in the Completed Training list at the bottom.
- Click the icon on the right bottom corner.
- The certificate will then be downloaded as a jpeg file.
- Once downloaded, open in the viewer (like photo viewer), and print it out.
- Print and sign your BSO certificate
NOTE: your certificate does not have an expiry date.
TIP: if the BSO Online certificate is lost, simply print it out again.
- Verify your certificate online at www.ticketverification.ca
- Provide your feedback and input by completing the survey at BSO Online Survey
NOTE: If you fail the course, take the classroom version of BSO. Click here to view the BSO Providers
IMPORTANT: During the account activation process, the system creates your username and allows you to enter a password. Please take note of your username and password as they MUST be used to access your account in the future.
If you require assistance, please call toll-free at 1-866-416-1660 or email email@example.com